This half day tour to Hanoi’s war sites included Military history museum, Hoa Lo prison will help you to discover the history of Vietnam modern wars.
- Tour duration: Half day
- Group size: Less than 10 pax
- Tour type: Free & group tour
- Availabe language: English
- Destinations: Military History Museum, Hoa Lo Prison
- Pickup address: ASIA GROUP TOUR office – 79 Ly Nam De str
09.00AM or 02.00PM: Our tour guide will welcome you at Asia Group Tour office and brief the tour, then start the walking tour to discover the history of Vietnam modern wars.
The first point is the Military History Museum on Dien Bien Phu street. The museum covers the American and French wars, as well as the struggles against the Chinese. In addition to numerous photos and remnants from the wars the grounds are jam-packed with tanks, guns and aircraft.
From there, you could walk it in about 15 minutes to Hoa Lo Prison. Nicknamed the Hanoi Hilton, the prison was used to house Vietnamese political prisoners, as well as French and American prisoners of war, and offers a fascinating and chilling glimpse of prison life. Most of the original prison was demolished in 1996 to make way for the Hanoi Towers (now Somerset Grand Hanoi) serviced apartment and office complex, but the southernmost corner has been preserved and reopened to the public as a memorial to the revolutionaries who died here in atrocious conditions. Visitors can view the original cells, complete with leg-irons, along with a selection of bilingual (Vietnamese and English) displays illustrating the horrors of life in the prison during the French colonial period.
Tour ends around 12.00 or 05.00PM.
- Tour guide (available with English speaking local student)
- Transfer fees (if any)
- Entrance fees (if any)
- personal expenses (foods, drinks).
- Student guide requires no charges! Guests should be nice to cover all fees for guide!
- Please provide us with your age in the “Your message” section in oder that we can serve you better.