Highlights of this Hanoi city tour are famous places in Hanoi, such as Ho Chi Minh Complex, Temple of Literature, Hanoi’s Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, French Quarter … Taking this tour, you will have a chance to learn more about Vietnam’s history and culture.
- Tour duration: Half day
- Group size: Less than 08 pax
- Tour type: Free & group tour
- Availabe language: English
- Destinations: Ho Chi Minh Complex, Temple of Literature, Hanoi’s Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi French Quarter
- Pickup address: ASIA GROUP TOUR office – No 79 Ly Nam De str
In the morning
09.00AM: Our tour guide will welcome you at at Asia Group Tour office and brief the tour, then take you to the Ho Chi Minh complex – the huge construction to express the pride of Vietnamese people to the very first president – Ho Chi Minh (or Uncle Ho). You can take the chance to visit:
– Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: Where the body of the president is kept.
– Ba Dinh square: where Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum lies, is a historical site where President Ho Chi Minh read the Independence Declaration of Vietnam on September 2nd, 1945.
– Ho Chi Minh Residence: Refusing to live in the Presidential palace, President Ho Chi Minh lived in a normal electrician house nearby. The house has two floors and the beloved President lived here from 1958 until he passed away.
– One Pillar Pagoda: An ancient pagoda built in 1049 under the Ly Dynasty.
After that, you will have time to visit the Temple of Literature – the first University of Vietnam and also the place to worship the Confucius. This is often cited as one of Hanoi’s most picturesque tourist attractions. Originally built as a university in 1070 dedicated to Confucius, scholars and sages, the building is extremely well preserved and is a superb example of traditional-style Vietnamese architecture.
In the afternoon
You can stop by any food stall or local restaurant for lunch (recommended by our student) before continue walking to explore Hanoi’s Old Quarter & French Quarter at 2:00 PM. This tour will help you to discover place which is famous with “36 guild streets” in the past time and also discover the charm of this imprinted French architecture area.
Tour ends at around 5:00 PM.
– For the days from Monday to Friday, the Full-day City Tour will be split into 2 half-day tours as our student guides have to go to school. It’s really difficult for them to escort you for the whole day. Our guides will meet you at your hotel as starting point in both 2 tours. The 2 tours are:
1. Ho Chi Minh Complex and Temple of Literature – start at 9:00AM
2. Old Quarter and French Quarter – start at 2:00PM
Student guide requires no charges! Guests should be nice to cover all fees for guide!
- Tour guide (available with English speaking local student)
- Transfer fees (if any)
- Entrance fees (if any)
- Personal expenses (foods, drinks, tips).
*Please provide us with your age in the “Your message” section in oder that we can serve you better.